Made Post About Being Hacked, Why Deleted?

A Standalone VM that I made was hacked while using Qubes. I made a post about this. It was deleted. Why was this post was deleted? I made it several days ago.

Off-topic in this threadHow did you determine and come to the conclusion you were 'hacked'?
Off-topic in this threadThings don't get "hacked" the way you described it. If I remember correctly, you refused to provide logs based on your threat model, leaving us with a bunch of text and nothing else to work with.

The topic wasn’t deleted:

https://forum.qubes-os.org/t/hacked-while-using-qubes/21922

Edit: moved this topic to the Forum Feedback category.

1 Like

I have this when I open the link:

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Ok, let’s figure this out. @moderators Is this intentional for posts in that category?

The OP did get an answer, though, so if they couldn’t see it either, that’s probably unintentional.

2 Likes

Even if you don’t like the question or don’t like the lack of logs deleting the entire question seems very severe.

I posted this right after it happened and didn’t even want to use Qubes for days. I have no way of knowing best steps to mitigate this. It would have helped to know if what I described in the post would be explained by a hack or if there’s some other possible explanation.

I also don’t know whether I should reinstall all of Qubes or try a different distro for the StandAlone VM and whether it means all of my networking Qubes got compromised.

It would have been nice if I could have had feedback from other people instead of having the post deleted by someone who didn’t like it with no explanation so I have no feedback at all.

When I open that link I get page not found. So it’s not deleted?

2 Likes

@dispuser Did you read my answer? Your topic wasn’t deleted, and you indeed got feedback in that threaf!

I can’t read that page.

Here is the address:

https://forum.qubes-os.org/t/hacked-while-using-qubes/21922

Here is what shows when I open that:

Qubes OS Forum

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Popular

Qubes OS trailer by @deeplowGeneral Discussion

Really disposable (RAM based) qubesCommunity Guides

Qubes OS 4.2.0-rc4 is available for testingNews

Automatically delete empty QubesIncoming subdirectoriesCommunity Guides

Limiting battery wear on laptops used mostly on AC powerCommunity Guides

R4.2rc4 clean install - first impressionGeneral Discussion

Battery runs out quicklyUser Support

Mini computers that play well with Qubes?General Discussion

What is the best way to play blu-ray / BDMV movies?General Discussion

Improving video playback speed?General

More…

Recent

R4.2.0-rc4 ISO missing ANACONDA partition - installer has working GRUB then hangs on blackscreenUser Support

Made Post About Being Hacked, Why Deleted?Forum Feedback

Issues with 4.2.0-rc4 installTesting Release

How do I Disable Context Menu Buttons like “Move To Other AppVM”?User Support

In which qube should I connect to Wi-Fi? dom0 or sys-net?User Support

The hardened-kernel compilation reported an error, prompting an unexpected exitUser Support

4.2-RC4: WiFi and ethernet stopped workingTesting Release

Hardened-kernel virker ikke, hvordan bruger jeg den korrekt?In your language

The pvgrub2-pvh kernel won’t boot in debian12 and kicksecure VMs, how do I get them to boot smoothly?User Support

How does Telegram know I’m using Xen (instead of the appVM distro)?General Discussion

More…

1 Like

No, it was only moved to an adequate category, and you got a reply in it. Now, if you can’t see it, that seems unintentional, and I’ve asked the question already.

Please hold on for a bit while we figure this out, apologies for the inconvenience on behalf of the moderation team.

Especially, I understand these are probably stressful times, and the misunderstanding may be all the more upsetting as a result. We do our best to organise the forum and keep it a good place to learn and share, but indeed sometimes make mistakes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry about this poor experience. It was in fact a combination of misconfiguration of the forum and miscommunication of the moderators.

It should now be accessible. So it was in fact no deleted, just moved to a category that was available to moderators but not yet to regular users.

3 Likes