Enabling Bluetooth on Qubes R4.1

Hi guys,

I’m really new to Qubes and have been looking for a while with painly efforts to enable my built-in bluetooth USB device (Intel Corp. Bluetooth 9460/9560 JfP) on my laptop (ROG Zephyrus GX501GI). My templates are based on Debian11 and the built-in USB keyboard device of my laptop is on the same bus as my bluetooth device.

First of all, I’m fully aware of the risk implications that this would cause and I am fine with it. The only mouse I’ve available is my bluetooth mouse and I really hate my touchpad at the moment.

Could someone provide me with a step-on-step guide on how to do it? The blueman manager in dom0 which I’ve updated and enabled previously doesn’t connect with BlueZ, even after enabling bluetooth on the terminal.

My guess was to do it through my sys-usb, but I don’t know how to do this.

Please help

In the template of your sys-net just install blueman:

sudo dnf install -y blueman

Restart sys-net and there should be a tray icon with all the options available.

Now my question is: how did you enable dark theme for the panel? It applies only partially for me.

@gokarob473: below should be solve your ‘light parts’…

Source & Info: Make Qubes OS dom0 GUI adhere to selected XFCE/Gtk theme · Issue #7389 · QubesOS/qubes-issues · GitHub

Install the package qt5-qtstyleplugins with:

sudo qubes-dom0-update qt5-qtstyleplugins

then insert in /etc/environment:

-------------[Start]---------------------
QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2
-------------[End]-----------------------

in dom0 terminal do:

export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2

---

finally you can check, if all changes were set & working:

[TheGardner@dom0]$ cat /etc/environment
QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2

[TheGardner@dom0]$ echo $QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME
gtk2

[TheGardner@dom0]$ sudo dnf info qt5-qtstyleplugins
Qubes OS Repository for Dom0                                                     1.9 MB/s | 3.0 kB     00:00
Installed Packages
Name         : qt5-qtstyleplugins
Version      : 5.0.0
Release      : 39.fc32
Architecture : x86_64
Size         : 1.2 M
Source       : qt5-qtstyleplugins-5.0.0-39.fc32.src.rpm
Repository   : @System
 From repo    : qubes-dom0-cached
Summary      : Classic Qt widget styles
URL          : https://github.com/qtproject/qtstyleplugins
License      : LGPLv2 or GPLv2
Description  : Classic Qt widget styles, including cleanlooks, motif, plastique, qgtk.

I keep getting this, considering the fact that the template of my sys-net is based on debian-11. Looks like it’s even not capable to find my bluetooth device…

As for your question: I’ve installed the Whiskers menu (Replacing the "Q" menu with the better "whisker menu") and then I chose the Adwaita-dark style in the application called Appearance.

In the Debian template just install blueman:

sudo apt install blueman -y

And analogically just restart sys-net and there should be a tray icon with all the options available.

Nothing changed unfortunately…

What happens if you run the Bluetooth Manager launcher seen on your photo or the tray applet via commandline: blueman-applet?