Qubes OS Wallpapers

What would you say if we gathered here creative ideas for making qubes os wallpapers? Do you like high tech wallpapers or do you prefer something minimalist like the one I made?

14 Likes

21 Likes

11 Likes

Epic thread idea @sebuq and great work there!

Dropping here some from the Qubes Artwork repo. Credit to the original authors. Find many more on the repo:

Here they go:

The following is where I borrowed my user pic from and which is actually the forum favicon (the logo in each tab) :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Qubes OS map. Colors are based on qubes os style-guide

18 Likes

More More More :heart:

3 Likes

bump!!! (very nice!)

3 Likes

How about a fake looking Windows desktop, for when I am trying to look inconspicuous.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Windows Camouflage for Qubes

Windows HVM and then ALT+F11 ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

e

What about an unofficial Qubes mascot? Any suggestions?

1 Like

Bear in mind I’m an amateur artist. My skills with GIMP and Inkscape are rudimentary. So I decided to start easy by adapting other Linux wallpapers. I came from Manjaro and this was one of my favorites. Everything except the background hemisphere was produced from scratch in Inkscape.

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Windows Camouflage for Qubes

10 Likes

I personally think it would be a neat feature if the Qubes logo itself was saved as a png with transparent background so you could pick the main background color yourself without limiting it to only the default gray
Edit: The point of doing it that way would obviously be to avoid moving random files from the internet into dom0, but upon further research it seems there are already a variety of different qubes logos in /usr/share/backgrounds

1 Like

My current background that I designed myself

Graphic design is my passion

8 Likes

This started with adapting another Manjaro design, but went off in it’s own direction.

4 Likes

I’m still using this own made wallpaper since qubes r3.1 day up to nowadays (r4.1) with i3wm, later with i3-gaps.

12 Likes

Finished the OS-tan at last. Also used sebuq’s wallpaper.

Onion shaped earrings (and violet tie) - TOR
Cap - Xen
Dark blue color - Fedora

13 Likes