(volunteers needed) How has your Qubes journey been?

Hi there Qubes Community!

I’m a master’s student and my dissertation is on “Qubes Usability”.

Update: Unfortunately due to a server problem, the responses submitted until 15h UTC on 27th Nov got corrupted and I will be unable to contact those people back. So if you’re in this situation, I would kindly ask you to resubmit on the updated link. Apologies to anyone affected. Find here a longer explanation.

I’m interested in hearing your experience of using Qubes!

How has your Qubes journey been? I’m researching this question and for that I’m organizing a series of remote interviews with current and former Qubes users and you’re welcome to participate. I encourage people of all backgrounds, no matter how knowledgeable.

This will contribute to a better understanding of what needs to be improved on Qubes for my thesis but I would also like to share any relevant findings with the Qubes team (which I am a not part of).

The interviews will be conducted remotely over the next weeks preferably via a BigBlueButton instance of a privacy-minded provider. (Only your browser is needed). And if any scientific publication ends up being published, the results will be aggregated or otherwise anonymized in such a way that it’s not attributable back to you – this is very important for me!

So, if you’re using Qubes or you’ve used it in the past, and would like to help me achieve this goal, please sign up in the form bellow:

The new method of registration is just by sending me an email saying you’re interested:
deeplower [at] protonmail.com

Also, feel free to share this elsewhere with other current (or former) Qubes users!

Privacy reminder (just in case): since this is a public forum If you’d like to participate, please abstain from stating that publicly in the comments bellow. If want to participate and but still have a few questions, feel free to drop me an email: deeplower [at] protonmail.com

1 Like

Update: Unfortunately due to a server problem, the responses submitted on the survey got corrupted and I will be unable to contact those people back. So if you’re in this situation, I would kindly ask you to resubmit on the new registration method. Apologies to anyone affected.

Find on the following post a longer explanation:

Bumping this to see if anyone else is interested.