Unable to connect to Wifi on fresh install

Hi, I had just installed Qubes OS 4.1.2 on a usb stick and I had trouble connecting to wifi after installation. Currently the only way I can to the internet is through an ethernet connection and there are no way to discover and connect to wireless networks as those options just don’t show up. I have followed the solution form this post but to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks in advance!

@shawn Go to sys-net Qube Settings > Services Tab > Add network-manager > click Ok
On the network icon, right click and check Enable Wifi or click on Edit Connections and configure your wifi.
Hope this helps…

The post that you linked works only for the surface pro, or computers that use it’s WiFi card.
What is the exact model of the computer that you’re using?

It’s an Acer Aspire 5

Thanks for the reply, I followed your instructions but I was unable to find the “Enable Wifi” options. I tried to configure my wifi in the edit connections window but it is way too complicated to set up.

There was a similar question asked not too long ago: No Wifi on New Install - #3 by Peter46
They found the solution to be reinstalling with kernel-latest in the grub menu.

@shawn Ok on the Edit connections you can click on the “+” sign and select from the dropdown “Wi-Fi” click on create, a new window will open, go to Wi-Fi tab and on SSID name of your Wi-Fi / Access Point and the rest leave it as it is…

Go to Wi-Fi Security tab and select WPA & WPA2 Personal and type in your Wi-Fi password and that’s it…

go back to network icon left click on it and it will show the available wi-fi networks… select the Wi-Fi name that you created…

one more thing if you right click on the network icon be sure that Enable Networking, Enable Wifi and Enable Notifications are all checked… Hope this helps…