S3 Suspend works on stock Fedora 37 but not Qubes 4.1 or 4.2 (fc37)

Does your sys-firewall come back after suspend?
Mine doesn’t:

In fact I can’t open the session after resuming. This is the problem I tried to explain : keyboard isn’t recognized (or partially recognized…). So I cannot tell you if sys-firewall come back when resuming…

I’m sure I can obtain logs somewhere (if someone explain me how) so I can share that with the community.

Absence of logs :speak_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil: impedes troubleshooting effectively. :disappointed:

Have either of you tried to build your sys-* qubes with both fedora-based & debian-based templates and/or minimal templates?

Just a shot in the dark but, could it be possible the issue lies with one of the very many unneeded packages installed within the default, “full” templates?

@cayce is right again
debian-11-minimal (disposable) sys-firewall does not exhibit the freezing issue

time to start building sys-* with minimal templates

Actually, how about building the whole system on clones of minimal templates with only desired packages…

1 Like

Like this?

1 Like

Hi there !

This is now working perfectly fine. I think a recent update allow to fix the last problem I had when resuming. I noticed that the screen saver box changed slightly.

So Dell XPS 13 + Kernel 6.0.7 is a good solution for Qubes-OS 4.1 !

@Sven : should I update the HCL entry with that information ?

2 Likes

Your posted HCL report currently doesn’t have any remarks and says R4.1 works: yes.

This thread is linked from it. I recommend you add whatever remarks you’d like to make to this thread.