Resuming From Suspend Reboots The Laptop Instead (Lenovo L14 | i7-1260p)

I Installed the latest version of Qubes 4.1 and most everything is working except suspend.

With the default Kernal for 4.1, suspend seemed to enable properly, but nothing would resume the machine. Pressing the power button and opening the lid did nothing. I confirmed that the power button and lid open/close were configured for suspend. To boot the machine, a hard reboot was necessary be holding down the power button.

I then upgraded to the latest experimental kernal and the power button and lid now function to initiate a resume. The problem now is that the laptop reboots instead of resuming. There are no on screen errors.

I have added mem_sleep_default=deep to /etc/default/grub and no change.
I have set the UEFI to ‘linux s3’, I have disabled hyperthreading. I have disabled secure boot.

I enabled/disabled each of the above one at a time with a reboot in between.

I lastly ran this ‘grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/grub.cfg’ based on the results from @hoytech in the following HCL post:

Any further options/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I don’t think you can do anything except reporting this bug in the Qubes OS issue list (they may not even be able to do anything, but as they use a modified Xen, reporting it upstream to Xen seems pointless).

Thanks @solene , I was hoping that someone more familiar with Qubes that me would have a couple ideas per testing things that I have not tried.

Does anyone know, would it help for me to submit an HCL report now? Would that allow any insight for troubleshooting? Or is there a log I can grab and post here?

Here is a link to my uploaded HCL report if this helps anyone to better propose options.
I really appreciate any assistance!

HCL - Lenovo Thinkpad L14

Please reference this HCL report for more info about how I resolved this via switching to kernel 6.3.2-1.

HCL - Lenovo Thinkpad L14 (gen 3)

Also, I am working on a different issue now where VMs are frozen upon suspend/resume and become somewhat responsive after a couple minutes. I have created a new post for this issue. You can find it here:

VMs freeze for a Couple of Minutes after Suspend/Resume - Lenovo Thinkpad L14 (gen 3)

1 Like