Qubes 4.1 top bar disappeared

Hello yesterday out of nothing my top bar disappeared where the startbutton and so on is located. Restart didnt help and I dont find the setting to make it appear again. Please support

The top bar is called the Panel and can be moved wherever you want and can also be set to automatically hide itself. If you move your mouse cursor to the top edge of the screen, does the Panel reappear? If so, it is set to automatically hide, and this can be changed in the Panel settings in the dom0 Settings Manager. If the Panel is still missing, it may need to be restarted with a command in dom0 terminal.

If you do not have a shortcut to open a dom0 terminal, you should be able to right-click the desktop and then select the option Open Terminal Here.

From the dom0 terminal, you can run the following command:

• xfce4-panel --restart

This should restart the Panel if it was not running for some reason.

If you want to open the dom0 Settings Manager from the dom0 terminal, you would run this command:

• xfce4-settings-manager

Then you could go to the Panel preferences and configure it the way you want.

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for your answer. Following your guide I got an error restarting it. The solution was xfce4-panel --disable-wm-check, still I would like you to verify if that hasnt any security issues to disable WM check or should I try another way?

1 Like