No space left even after private storage max size increase

Hi. I’m new to Qubes OS. I am running an AppVM and want to install a package via pip/pipenv. So far all installations have worked out. This time around I get an error message

OSError(28, 'No space left on device')", OSError(28, 'No space left on device'))

I have increased the private storage max. size, from 45xxx to 75768 MiB, but still no dice. If I run `df -h’ inside of the AppVM, this is the output

/dev/xvda3      9.6G  4.8G  4.4G  52% /
none            9.6G  4.8G  4.4G  52% /usr/lib/modules
devtmpfs        4.0M     0  4.0M   0% /dev
tmpfs           1.0G  432K  1.0G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs            61M  784K   60M   2% /run
/dev/xvdb        73G   23G   51G  31% /rw
tmpfs           1.0G   12K  1.0G   1% /tmp
tmpfs            31M  100K   31M   1% /run/user/1000

The file I want to install has a total size of approximately 700mb, but it drops the connection after 530mb, even after having increased the storage size. It seems to me that the changes I made to the storage size are not made in the area where I am downloading the python package. But even then, I see no use% that looks concerning to me.

I searched the forum (posted the links below), but couldn’t find any solution to my problem. It might be an easy fix, but I don’t know where to look/what to do.

Any help is much appreciated.

It seems that pip use /tmp for installation and 1GB is not enough:

1 Like

Thank you! So not a Qubes-problem, but a pip-related problem. I solved it by using the --no-cache-dir-option in pip.