Getting Started with Ryzen 6000 series?

I am trying to get Qubes working on my new Legion 5 Pro Laptop. The laptop uses a Ryzen 6000 series CPU, which if this post is to be believed, requires Xen 4.15 to work.

What is my issue specifically? The Laptop does not want to boot the installer by default, in order to get into the installer I must add the following commands to the grub: “dom0_max_vcpus=1 dom0_vcpus_pin”. This allows the installer to start, however upon attempting to install the OS I get an “Unknown Error” about a quarter of the way through the installation at the “Downloading Packages” section.

I am willing to do whatever it takes to resolve this issue, including compiling my own version of Qubes if that is what it takes. But before I do, I thought I would ask if anybody has done so already, or whether Qubes has already adopted Xen 4.15 on some of its test builds.

EDIT:

Apparently somebody has gotten 6000 series CPUs working on Qubes 4.1.1 by adding the following command to the XEN command line: x2apic=false. Not really sure how to do this myself, however.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

I see that you updated the above post. Some people, including some core developers, are interacting with this forum via email. They do not receive the edits made after 10 minutes. For this reason, it’s better to make a new post, not update the old one (and/or use quotations like I do here):

Full updated post
1 Like

Apparently somebody has gotten 6000 series CPUs working on Qubes 4.1.1 by adding the following command to the XEN command line: x2apic=false . This, unfortunately did not work in my case. From what I understand, nothing short of Xen 4.15 can solve this issue… what a shame.

See the great work from @neowutran :

1 Like