The issues i’ve experienced with Qubes seem to be very familiar to similar hardware which uses the newline of intel hardware (p-series CPU’s and Intel Xe GPU line).
- extremely laggy install process and usage afterwards (to the brink of unusable). Possibly similar issue to HP Elitebook 860 G9 as it uses the same CPU (12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1280P) and same GPU (Intel Iris Xe Graphics). Installing
kernel-latest(6.0.8-1.fc32.qubes.x86_64) combined with this github issue fixed the choppy behaviour: Graphics artefacts with Intel UHD Graphics 770 and kernel 5.17.7 · Issue #7507 · QubesOS/qubes-issues · GitHub
- no wifi. Fixed by installing an unstable release of iwlwifi (hxxps://packages.debian.org/bookworm/firmware-iwlwifi) in the
- qvm-pci fails with:
Failed to list 'pci' devices, this device type either does not exist or you do not have access to it., but
lspciworks fine. USB passthrough seems to work too.
- Scaling on 4k is messed up, but manually setting
.Xresourcesmakes it all readable (not really a Qubes issue though)
- No audio (need to debug more to fix)
- Laptop a quiet weird noise coming from it (possibly hardware issue, but didn’t notice the sound when testing ubuntu on it). Possibly related to the mouse somehow, as when you move the trackpad the noise faints.
- Sleep is broken
- Boot up and shutdown is rather slow and hangs because of systemd-udev (on boot:
Failed to start udev Wait for Complete Device Initialization, on poweroff:
waiting for process: systemd-udevdwhich eventually just gets killed by systemd due to dracut:
Dracut Warining: Killing all remaining processes
--- layout: 'hcl' type: 'notebook' hvm: 'yes' iommu: 'yes' slat: 'yes' tpm: 'unknown' remap: 'yes' brand: | Dell Inc. model: | XPS 9320 bios: | 1.7.1 cpu: | 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1280P cpu-short: | FIXME chipset: | 00.0 Host bridge : Intel Corporation Device [8086:4641] (rev 02) chipset-short: | FIXME gpu: | 02.0 VGA compatible controller : Intel Corporation Device [8086:46a6] (rev 0c) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]) gpu-short: | FIXME network: | 14.3 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 51f0 (rev 01) memory: | 32372 scsi: | usb: | 4 versions: - works: 'FIXME:yes|no|partial' qubes: | R4.1 xen: | 4.14.5 kernel: | 6.0.8-1 remark: | FIXME credit: | FIXAUTHOR link: | FIXLINK ---