HP Elitebook 860 G9

Remarks

Had to use a current kernel-latest iso downloaded from openqa for installation.
The installation dialog seems to have some type of refresh/artifact problem as a lot of the active windows are pixelated and “load” very slowly. It is possible to click through the installer with some effort.

Problems after installation:

• refresh/artifact problem can be fixed by applying:
    https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/7507#issuecomment-1153060308
  • wifi is not working:
    laptop uses a newer ax211 wifi card, i’ve spent 2 nights trying all kinds of different kernel / firmware versions but could never get it running. Supposedly the ax211 uses some “magic” that is embedded into the cpu and not in the wifi card anymore, that might cause problems with xen. I just put an ax210 card in it.
  • sound only works through headphone jack, speakers don’t work:
    i’ve tried booting different distros, currently only ubuntu 22.04lts has working sound, but it seems to not use the integrated amplifier and the sound quality is only ok and quiet in comparison to windows. I will open a bug to ubuntu in the next few weeks to see if the amp can be enabled somehow.
  • suspend doesn’t work:
    s3 suspend just reboots while going to sleep, deep suspend goes to sleep but reboots on resume

Attachments

Qubes-HCL-HP-HP_EliteBook_860_16_inch_G9_Notebook_PC-20220709-214138.yml (742 Bytes)

1 Like

Thank you @tze for your HCL report, which is online now!