V4.2 Pipewire Installation

Hi,

I saw that v4.2 has “Pipewire Support”, but still looks like PulseAudio is the default in the Dom0 installation.

What’s the best approach to make sure my system is secure with Pipewire?

Do I have to do anything in Dom0 or do I just install Pipewire into my template VMs?

Thank you.

Bump.

If the question is misphrased due to my lack of knowledge please let me know. Also, if documention already exists, then please link. I couldn’t find anything online.

Thanks.

This may be the solution.

Pipewire agent by DemiMarie · Pull Request #157 · QubesOS/qubes-gui-agent-linux · GitHub - from Demi " Edit: This builds ordinary Fedora/Debian/Arch packages. To use them, install them in your VM of choice, then enable PipeWire with qvm-service somevm pipewire on ."

1 Like

In my case, there was no need to enable qvm-service somevm pipewire on. In Fedora-38 you need to install pipewire-qubes:
dnf in -enablerepo=qubes-vm-r4.2-current-testing pipewire-qubes
Also:
dnf in pipewire-pulseaudio —allowerasing
This will automatically enable pipewire support in qvm-features and everything will work.

1 Like

Thanks @Asterium, that’s the solution I was looking for.

Where did you find documentation for that? / How did you learn how to do that? Thanks.

2 Likes

Nothing magical, found changes to the qubes code on GitHub, read the commits and figured out what packages are needed and what to do.

1 Like

Brilliant! I’ll follow your lead and incorporate that strategy.