Upgrade to 4.1: Transaction check error at dom0 update

I tried to make an in-place upgrade from 4.0. to 4.1. During update of dom0, I got this error:

Error: Transaction check error:

file /etc/profile.d/lang.csh from install of setup-2.13.6-2. fc32.noarch conflicts with file from package initscripts-9.69-1. fc25.×86_64

file /etc/profile.d/lang.sh from install of setup-2.13.6-2. fc32.noarch conflicts with file from package initscripts-9.69-1. fc25.×86_64

file /usr/share/man/man1/qubescti.1.g from install of qubes-mgmt-salt -4.1.16-1. fc32.noarch conflicts with file from package qubes-mgmt-salt-admin-tools-4.0.26-1.fc25 .noarch

I’m relatively new to Qubes and am unsure of how to proceed from here. Do I need to do a clean install or is there a way to fix this?

I found this thread with a similar problem, but this did not help in my case.

Thanks for any hints!

I tried to re-run the whole in-place upgrade from start. During STAGE 2 I run into this additinal error:
debian-10: qr-exec-daemon startup failed: Connection to the VM failed

Any ideas on how to proceed?

If I’d to transition from 4.0 to 4.1, I’d bakup my old system, clean install 4.1 and then tried to restore from 4.0 backup. I’ve see too may issues here on forum with upgrading.

Thanks for your suggestion. For a peculiar reason I’m forced to to an in-place upgrade, so still looking for any hints on how to solve this isusse.

1 Like