Tuxedo Infinitybook S15 Gen. 7 / InfinityBook Pro 14 - Gen. 7 Compatibility?

Hi There,

I am looking for a lightweight portable notebook for q-os and stumbled upon the Tuxedo Infinitybook S15 Gen 7. & InfinityBook Pro 14 - Gen7 which both looks quite promising.

I could find the Gen 6. in the HCL which looked pretty good, unfortunately not available anymore.

Does anyone have any insights on compatibility?
Thank you very much!

1 Like

You’re probably going to have a lot of pain with 12th gen intel chips. I am struggling to get suspend working as expected on a Lenovo X1 Carbon witth tthe 1260P chip

thanks for the reply.
Yeah, thats unfortunate.

I am just trying to find a decent solution.
Super unfortunate that compatability is such a big issue.
Done so much research and I cant seem to find anything that works well out of the box and is somewhat modern.

I keep coming back to the librem 14 which is very high priced for what it is.
Also reading so many bad things about customer service & built quality makes me not want to pull the rigger.

I will keep digging!
Thank you for your insight!

2 Likes

I am trying to standardize on Lenovo and am 40+ hours deep into getting it working flawlessly, there are a number of workarounds needed but I am automating them. Please check my posts and see if they’re helpful to you, I have suspend working now.

1 Like

gotscha,
I would love to skip any automations and would still prefer a modern device mainly for portability.
I might end up going for a librem.

thank your for your time!

I got the InfinityBook Pro 14 Gen 7 with the 12700H and no Nvidia GPU. Just tested both the R4.1.2 and 4.1.20230408203 .isos and both give me about 1 FPS super sluggish screen refreshes in the installer and I don’t really have good ideas on what to try that would give me an acceptable end result.

I used it just fine with Query TUXEDO InfinityBook Pro 14 - Gen7

Did you use 6.1.12 Kernel?

1 Like

I wouldn’t know, there was no option to select what kernel to use that I could see, and there does not seem to be any clear indication of what kernel is in which download.

I think the 6.1.X kernel is the last option on the list when you boot from a R4.1.2 / 4.1.202304X iso – it’s probably just called “kernel latest” in the installer (?).

1 Like

Ah thanks, I’ll definitely give that a try and report once I’ve had the chance to try it out.

Yep, the last boot option indeed was Install Qubes OS with the latest kernel, and at least the installer is looking much better immediately. Thanks, I must’ve been blind.

2 Likes

On the recommendation of @kate.mason I bought the Infinitybook pro 14. Everything works will with the exception of the suspend feature. As she said above, install with the latest kernel and everything should work fine.

1 Like

Hi, anyone have tried also the InfinityBook Pro 16 Gen 7 (workstation edition)?
The hardware seems very similar to the InfinityBook Pro 14 Gen 7.