Tuxedo BU1506 fan noise too loud

Hey!
The fan noise of my Tuxedo BU1506 is rather high. It has i5 7th gen.
Is it just ‘normal problem’, or are there some points, that I can check, to make it less louder?
I’ve heard about thinkfan for thinkpads, but I think it has nothing to do with my Tuxedo, which runs on Clevo basis (N250BU).

Best regards
qun

I think you’ll need to install this in dom0 to control fan:

1 Like

I think, thats the point. But as it seems, there is no install package for fedora. I contact the support of tuxedo, maybe they know some solution.

maybe I could try that?

You can try to install it in VM based on old fedora-32 template. Chances are you won’t be able to install it in old fedora-32 that is used by dom0 in Qubes OS 4.1.2.
In that case you can try to use Qubes OS 4.2 that has fedora-37 in dom0.

ah, thanks for the info!
Didn’t know that dom0 is still running the fedora 32.

Is there any info about the release date of stable Qubes 4.2?

No, release date is still to be determined.

ok, thanks. So, I suppose, I have to wait.

hey there! Now I have Qubes 4.2, so I could install Tuxedo Control Center in dom0.

But I can not connect to the repository. I suppose, that dom0 can just connect to the update servers, but nothing else. How can I get it installed?

Not sure how to do it right.
But as workaround you can try to enable the copr repository in some fedora qube and copy the installed repository config file to dom0.
E.g.:

$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/_copr\:copr.fedorainfracloud.org\:kallepm\:tuxedo-keyboard.repo 
[copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:kallepm:tuxedo-keyboard]
name=Copr repo for tuxedo-keyboard owned by kallepm
baseurl=https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/kallepm/tuxedo-keyboard/fedora-$releasever-$basearch/
type=rpm-md
skip_if_unavailable=True
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/kallepm/tuxedo-keyboard/pubkey.gpg
repo_gpgcheck=0
enabled=1
enabled_metadata=1

But I’m not sure if it’s going to work in dom0.

1 Like

thanks! I just made I tuxedo.repo with these infos inside, but I get Error code 404 while updating dom0. So dom0 can not connect to the extra repo as it seems.

fedora-$releasever-$basearch gives me fedora-4.2-x86_64, could it be the problem?

Can somebody please make a new topic with “How to install Tuxedo Control Center in Qubes 4.2?” with the last 3 postings?

Yes, you can try this:

baseurl=https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/kallepm/tuxedo-keyboard/fedora-37-$basearch/
2 Likes

YESS!! Thanks! It works.

1 Like

brr… made the same fot tuxedo-control-center repo and get “Bad id for repo … byte = 6”
maybe because I made it without {codeBox}? But if I try it in an AppVM, I get “project doesn’t exist”. Without {codeBox} I can add the repo in an AppVM.

It’s just a HTML tag or something that wasn’t processed correctly on the web page. The command is:

sudo dnf copr enable kallepm/tuxedo-control-center

yes, I made it that way (it dom0 it doesn’t work, so I first made it in an AppVM and then copied the repo data to the manual made file in dom0). But I get the error above.

OOOK! I get “Tuxedo Control Canter” as name. It should be Tuxedo-Control-Center.

It looks to be the same as tuxedo-keyboard repo file so it should work as well if tuxedo-keyboard worked for you.
Maybe you’ve got an error in the file somewhere?

yes, you’re right. As written above. The name of the repo within the file was set with spaces.

the thing is, how can I start it from terminal?
after reboot, I got no GUI icon in the dom0 Settings.
tuxedo-control-center doesn’t work.