Qubes OS Wallpapers

qubes dark theme

1 Like

Another qubes dark theme

13 Likes

Looking for nord colorscheme wallpapers :eyes:

1 Like

It’s a rework of the awesome OS background images atlas-ark made.

They made 25 different backgrounds in both dark and light for the most popular OS, sadly there wasn’t one for Qubes OS, so I had to use my limited GIMP skills to make one myself.

1 Like

Are you using GIMP in Qubes?

What qualifies as a “nord” colorscheme?

1 Like

Nord: https://www.nordtheme.com/
What color scheme means for me is simply a sets of colors that for designing. There’s a lot of color scheme other than nord. Like dracula, solarized (actually is the same of @renehoj’s wallpaper color scheme).

2 Likes

very cool.

Yes, you can install GIMP from the official repo in the Debian 11 template.

You are going to need an appVM with a bit of memory, I’m using 8 GB in my work qube and GIMP feels pretty much the same as if you run it in a traditional Linux.

1 Like

Wow very dark

A tribute to the monolith in 2001. Its the first version of a 3D model, so imagine a starring background and view from Jupiter of aligned plannets. Throw in a Richard Strauss tone poem, and you get the picture.

You let the viewer generate the product while you relax. Mmm :thinking: ingenious. It reminds me of certain social networks

1 Like

c&g …or, just a concept for a wallpaper that went over like a lead balloon. Its not a look for everyone, its meant to be minimal. I am going to be adding to it in the future, to get something approximating the posters for 2001.

jupiter06

space-odyssey-monolith-hd-wallpaper-space-odyssey-241114500

Blender guru has a good model for the earth, that has some design strategies that should help, and I’m looking around for a way to create the sun flare. Not a main-stream look, just something to have fun with.

3 Likes

3D nord theme 01

3D nord theme 02

3D drac 01

3D drac 02

10 Likes

Nord style

11 Likes

@whoami inspired nord style

6 Likes

If anybody has the time & skill, if they could make a wallpaper in this sort of style, but where the ‘Q’ is formed of infinite ‘Qs’.
Specifically:

1. THat the Q is 3D, like in @moreartplease image
  2. That the 3D Q is itself composed of 3D Qs (which themselves are composed of 3D Qs

This would embody the abstraction of a ‘qube’ and the compartmentalisation principle of qubes, in that the user can decide how they wish to design the system.

This is why I like the standard desktop wallpaper, because the shadow Qs represent this.

1 Like

I’ve retouched an image of a user, I hope it doesn’t bother you

5 Likes

seems like you are still around in this forum.
is there a way to get this file? i would wish to be able to use this for my blog as cover.
so if im allowed and if you would be up to share this masterpeace, so im able to add my own fingerprint.

1 Like

Sorry a bit late to reply. I’m rarely login. The original wallpaper wasn’t work of mine. I’ve added some artworks to it to match my setups. You can find it by the name “Quantum Binary Wallpaper”. Easily find on the wallpaper site.