Qubes 4.2.0-rc5 not booting after creating sys-usb

I installed Qubes 4.2.0-rc5 in a Micro SD with 256GB that is in a Lexar LRWM03U-7000 card reader. During installation option ‘create sys-usb’ was disabled. Then in my PC I decided to create sys-usb with command

sudo qubesctl state.sls qvm.sys-usb

But then when I turned on the sys-usb VM the system crashed and in the process of rebooting the system crashes with this:

I also tried booting Qubes from my laptop but nothing changed.
I already tried to solve this problem by following Qubes doesn’t boot after creating sys-usb but there is no rd.qubes.hide_all_usb string in the boot entry in the GRUB menu. Instead I see this:

I also tried adding the rhgb quiet qubes.skip_autostart string in the boot entry but nothing changed.

Hopefully someone can help me with this. Please tell me if you think solving this is impossible(I would then just reinstall Qubes, even if it takes a while) or if you need more information.

Remove usbcore.authorized_default=0 option:

Qubes 4.1 only: You should also add the usbcore.authorized_default=0 option, which prevents the initialization of non-input devices. (Qubes ships with a USBGuard configuration that allows only input devices when usbcore.authorized_default=0 is set.)

1 Like