Qubes 4.1.0-beta1 Available

I did increase the private volume to 6GB then 9GB. It kept saying I needed 3.5GB. What finally worked was increasing the template system to 15GB. I think the base qube system uses 6 of 10GB so increasing the private wouldn’t be enough.

I can right-click on rw or use the terminal and it currently shows I have 7.7GB. I overshot by about 2GB since the iso is 5.5GB.

It shouldn’t matter what you set the size of the template’s root volume to if you download to a filepath located on the private volume (/home/user/Download). Only the size of the private volume matters.

Shouldn’t it? If it gave you 10GB system and 6 or 7 was used by the system, then you have about 2-3GB private. Increasing private wouldn’t matter because there is no more system space available.

The root volume and private volume are distinct, separate volumes - private volume is not contained in root volume.

For example, if the volume /dev/sda1 is mounted at /, and the volume /dev/sda2 is mounted at /rw/ under /, it does not imply /dev/sda1 contains and must be larger than /dev/sda2.

You can have a 10GB root volume and 100GB private volume.

Which software did you use to download the ISO? Is it possible it would download into /tmp before moving the completed download into ~/Downloads?

Firefox and Tor. Both were set to download to home/user/Downloads.

The download manager showed cancelled and didn’t allow me to restart it.

Oh. But if the underlying template is limited to 2GB private. Increasing the qube private wouldn’t matter? The first thing I did was increase the qube private size. It didn’t work so I increased the system size. I also restarted the template and qube after each resize though I’m not going to rule out user error somewhere.

The private volume of the template is used for the template only (not shared with any AppVM).

This alone would solve the issue, assuming you are talking about increasing the private volume of the AppVM (not the TemplateVM), and assuming you increased it by enough.

Yes, I increased the AppVM private volume in increments 6GB, 8GB, then 9GB and restarted the qube each time.