MacOS VM on qubes

Strangely enough… kholia’s macOS-libvirt-Catalina.xml gets validated

[user@dom0 osx]$ sudo virt-xml-validate libvirt.xml 
libvirt.xml validates

and mine .xml fails to validate

[user@dom0 by-name]# virt-xml-validate /etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/hvm-mac.xml
/etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/hvm-mac.xml:92: namespace error : Namespace prefix qemu on commandline is not defined
  <qemu:commandline>
                   ^
/etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/hvm-mac.xml:93: namespace error : Namespace prefix qemu on arg is not defined
    <qemu:arg value='-device'/>
                             ^
/etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/hvm-mac.xml:94: namespace error : Namespace prefix qemu on arg is not defined
a-applesmc,osk=ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc'
                                                                               ^
/etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/hvm-mac.xml:95: namespace error : Namespace prefix qemu on arg is not defined
    <qemu:arg value='-smbios'/>
                             ^
/etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/hvm-mac.xml:96: namespace error : Namespace prefix qemu on arg is not defined
    <qemu:arg value='type=2'/>
                            ^
Relax-NG validity error : Extra element devices in interleave
/etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/hvm-mac.xml:44: element devices: Relax-NG validity error : Element domain failed to validate content
/etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/hvm-mac.xml fails to validate

I copied&pasted those 6 lines. I don’t get it.

Try to change:
<domain type='xen'>
to
<domain type='xen' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>

libvirt: QEMU command-line passthrough

1 Like

works! thanks again!

I still got

Relax-NG validity error : Extra element devices in interleave
/etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/hvm-mac.xml:44: element devices: Relax-NG validity

Google hints to a typo. I have got that kind of stuff in python-scripts with indendation or forgetting a closing charakter or something like that, gave me an error in one of the following lines after the actual mistake.

Paste the whole file, I don’t know what’s there on the line 44.

Just a visual progress report… this is the EFI loader:

This is OpenCore:

And this is BaseSystem.img starting and getting stuck:

I’m going to get help from the Hackintosh-Community. Before I continue I need to know which components of the qemu-config are essential and which are not.

Some features are not supported by qubes’ qemu (i.e. the clock settings and the usb-model which kholia’s libvirt.xml uses), but it might be possible to install them in dom0 in case that is a must.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/penryn.html

This looks like the best source for OpenCore-Hackintoshes I have found so far.

Where’s the download link of this thing?

What “thing” do you want to download?

I couldn’t get MacOS to work on Qubes, but on XEN/Qemu it should be similiar doable as on KVM/Qemu. Certainly that takes some time and effort.

1 Like

I mean the MacOS testing ISO file, did you saved or busted?

Have a look at this script:

1 Like