- Will not run Qubes OS 4.1
- Will not even boot the 4.0.4 installer ISO
- 4.0.3 works like a charm from a usability perspective (not so sure about security-wise)
sys-netmust be run in paravirtualized mode (PV), and required
kmod-wlto be installed, as well as a systemd service (attached below)
- The following HVMs work great: Windows 10, Windows 11, FreeBSD, Android x86, most major Linux distros. Oh, and TempleOS works too!
- If you close the lid, it will sleep, and when you open the lid, it will wake, however the screen will just stay black (illuminated, though). I will write further updates on this as I investigate.
More details will follow…
[Unit] Description=Reset Broadcom Wifi Card to Allow PCI Passthrough [Service] ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/working-wifi.sh [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target
#!/bin/sh # Post-Install - Load this so that you can make it through Qubes OS first boot "Setting Up Networking" without your whole machine freezing #echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:02\:00.0/remove # then comment out everything above this line, and UNCOMMENT everything below this line - You're good to go! echo 03:00.0 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/permissive echo 03:00.0 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/allow_interrupt_control echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/0000\:03\:00.0/d3cold_allowed echo pciback > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/0000\:03\:00.0/driver_override echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback/0000\:03\:00.0/reset