Installation of Qubes on ThinkPad T16

Sorry

That’s strange. Then no PCI device is attached to sys-net.
Your network controllers should’ve been attached to sys-net during Qubes OS initial setup.
Check the sys-net Qube Settings → Devices tab, do you see any entries in the right column?

Says dom0:01_00 network controller Qualcomm wireless adapter sys-net

Can you suggest some solution for trackpad.

I am reinstalling to go with default configuration and fedora.

Don’t know how to fix it.
Maybe you have this issue with your trackpad:

You can check whatever you have the same issue by checking the output of this comand in dom0 terminal:

sudo dmesg | grep i2c_hid_acpi

You can check the output of sudo dmesg in sys-net to see how did system handle this device.

Issue linked shows that adding ioapic_ack=new to xen boot parameters fixes trackpad I think.
Where should I add this parameter?

Edit /etc/default/grub in dom0.
Find the line that begins with GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT
Add ioapic_ack=new at the end of the line in quotes.
Save and close the file.
Run this command in dom0:
sudo grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

Hi, it’s jodi again. Forum stopped me from replying.
So created this account.
This ioapic allowed my trackpad to work. Network still not working even after fedora. Will try to troubleshoot it further.
Should I remove module blacklist parameter now? Or it need to be kept?

Most probably it’s a problem with missing firmware for your WiFi controller in sys-net template.
You’ll need to download the missing firmware from another system and manually move it to the sys-net template.
But it’s not certain that it’s an issue with firmware so it’d be better to look for errors in dmesg output in sys-net.

You should keep the module blacklist for your trackpad to work.

Just asked about this parameter, if there is any vulnerability associated with it.
I will keep it if you say so.

Correction, I’m not sure if it’s needed. If Qubes OS works without blacklisting then you can remove the blacklisting.
I don’t know whatever there is any vulnerability associated with it.

One more thing dmesg has large output in sys-net.
What is relevant?
How to remove blacklist module if I want to?

Some errors related to PCI devices. They may be printed in red color.
You need to find the messages associated with your WiFi controller.

The module blacklisting that you did to boot into Qubes OS installer was temporary and it wasn’t saved anywhere so if you didn’t add the module blacklisting in dom0 after installing Qubes OS then you don’t have it right now.

Module blacklist parameter is there in grub parameters where I put ioapic new

This seems to be the problem, but I’m not sure what’s wrong there. Maybe a problem with firmware of kernel driver.
What’s your WiFi controller PCI ID? Check the output of this command in dom0:

lspci -nn | grep Qualcomm

The PCI ID will be at the end in the brackets like this [XXXX:XXXX].

Then you can try to remove it during Qubes OS boot in GRUB menu for a test the same way you’ve added it for installer. If Qubes OS will boot without an issue then you can remove it from GRUB default config and update the GRUB config.

Seems like it’s missing the firmware:
https://linux.debian.kernel.narkive.com/qyNWUY73/bug-1026028-qualcomm-nfa725a-not-working-on-firmware-linux-nonfree-20221109-4
You’ll have to find and download it on another system and then move it to your sys-net template.

01:00.0
17cb:1103