How to use qubes with tor,vpn or ssr in china

I installed qubes due to some reason,after trying tails os and found it has to use tor browser to be anonymous and safe enough,but everyone knows it is banned in my country,so I turned to qubes because someone mentioned this is also a choice to escape censorship and survillence.But,I still met some problems:
After trying several times and installed the system on the computer,here is the list of my hardwares;

a laptop,32GB memory,intel 12650h CPU,two ssds,the bigger one is for my personnel data and windows os,the smaller one is a sata ssd,now for qubes,it also has an individual GPU,NVIDIA RTX4060.
I did make it works, but the performance is very awful, extremely slow and laggy, looks freezed, and then, I didn’t find the icon of WIFI, I have to use my Android phone as a router with USB tethering.
So I considered maybe the drives of wireless and GPU is not running,now I need a safe operation system with VPN, and tor to cross the GFW,anyway,can qubes run on a live USB? so it can be even safer.I try to use some softwares to encrypt the files but it is still suspecious without keeping the whole system away from trojans.

As far as I know, not officially.

Try TailsOS again, but use Tor bridges to connect it. Use “azure meek” type tor bridges.

The easiest way to temporary bypass GFW is to open a proxy client like SSR on your phone, set the “Allow LAN” (允许来自局域网的连接) option and let browsers and other softwares like telegram connect the proxy on your phone with your phone’s IP and the port. You can also connect to Tor with this trick on TailsOS.

For setting up a proxy qube, you can read
my guide on this forum or use this project on github. Or if you found any VPN or any proxy software that supports TUN, you can install it on a qube, set the qube as NetworkVM, and it would works like a router.

Qubes OS won’t automatically connects your NVIDIA GPU on PCIe. If you want yo connect it to a qube you can pass it in the qube’s setting. And the wireless card on PCIe is automatically passed to sys-net. If it works it would show you a red internet connection icon on the top right.

2 Likes

If you mean bootable through an external USB SSD, yes. There might be problems when you boot from different hardware. I have tested only on one laptop.

There’s another way to use proxy:
Opening a single TCP port to other network-isolated qube

You are multibooting with windows. This is not recommended for high-risk people. If you must do so, you should take a look at Qubes with detached header, which keeps windows away from manipulating qubes boot files, and from knowing qubes’ existence.

1 Like