How do I connect a bluetooth headset to a vm?

I’m trying to get a bluetooth headset for audio input and output working with a browser vm. I do have a usb qube set up. I’ve seen posts for creating a sys-audio qube and was able to set one up successfully, but after trying it out I decided I didn’t want to have to shut down the browser vm and set the audiovm property everytime I want to connect or disconnect audio. What I want to be able to do is pass the bluetooth device from sys-usb to the browser vm whenever it is needed. I can pass the device successfully, but getting blueman to start is a different story. According to this post it should start automatically when the device is connected. I even tried setting the browser vm’s audiovm property both to itself and blank. Also tried installing everything here. Has anyone been able to get this working successfully? I’m using debian minimal templates for everything so maybe I’m missing something I need to install but I don’t really know what.

On further testing, I’ve confirmed that this is due to kicksecure’s security-misc disabling bluetooth. Now I just have to figure out how to re-enable it without uninstalling the entire package.

I can confirm that I successfully transferred files from my cell phone to fedora-38-xfce based VM over bluetooth. Attached internal bluetooth to a VM without issues each and every time. Qubes 4.1.2 with kernel-latest 6.2.x.