Hello, I’m having a very big problem with my QubesOS 4.3.1 operating system—I can no longer access my files.
I keep seeing this message.
How can I fix this error?
Hi Sabine
What happens, if you type:
journalctl
– followed by pressing the return/enter key?
Did you ever find a solution to (a reason for?) your issues with the DSL line?
![]()
journalctl
1.) Would it be possible to send me more instructions? If … appears, then do this…
If … doesn’t appear, then do this…
2.) Otherwise, I always have to remove and reinstall my hard drive just to post a reply or ask a question here.
3.) I’d really like to take a photo of your messages and work through them later using another hard drive.
That would be easier for me.
– followed by pressing the Enter key?
4.) I had to install the operating system on a blank hard drive seven times; luckily, I bought a few more hard drives last week because this error kept occurring.
5.) So it would soon be better for me to save every single file I write here on QubesOS 4.3.1 to an external hard drive immediately before shutting down or restarting. This error message has already popped up about 10 times for me.
6.) Because the risk is slowly becoming too great for me.
I always thought QubesOS was more secure than other operating systems.
-------------------
Have you ever found a solution to your problems with the DSL line (or discovered the cause)?
7.) Yes, I was told that a new DSL router will be sent to me in the next few days. I’ve been waiting for it for several days now.
Hi Sabine
From the information shared (the system asked you to type journalctl, you typed journal1 and got sh: journal1: command not found) it is very difficult to give any meaningful suggestions. ![]()
![]()
Looks like your lvm pool broke down.
When you are at it with journalctl, check also for the visible partitions via lsblk.
It would also be interesting to see the output of pvs and vgs.
Apart from that, I’ve seen lvm pools breaking down before, but not like this.
Did you “try something out” that might explain that state?