Global Copy Paste not working for me

Hi,
I have probems using global copy/paste.
I tried to copy / paste between different programs (thunderbird, tor browser, firefox) running in different qubes with Ctrl+Shift+C / V. Although the Taskbar shows that my command was executed by stating “fetched from qube…” it also says 0 bytes and when pasting there is of course nothing to paste…

Actually I was going to post this problem earlier and was just going to check if the behavoir is still the same, but some weeks ago the behavior was a bit different: when copying there was value larger than zero bytes i.e. 345 bytes. But upon pasting the clipboard was emtied but still nothing appeared.

Hope You can help me.
Thanks!

Did you

1/ Select the piece of text by click+dragging with your mouse?
2/ Then, did you press Ctrl+c first ? (necessary for copying the selected text into the local clipboard)
3/ Then, did you press Ctrl+Shift+c ? (necessary for copying from the local clipboard tot he global clipboard)
3/ Then, did you switch to your desired qube (apart from dom0), and press Ctrl+Shift+v (necessary for pasting from the global clipboard to your local clipboard)
4/ Lastly, did you press Ctrl+v ? (necessary for pasting from your local clipboard to the desired program line)

1 Like

No.
Forgive my stupidity. I missed the part without the shift. now it works…

1 Like

How-to: Clipboard & forum login - #2 by BEBF738VD

Troubleshooting: Broken global clipboard

1 Like

Glad it worked. Could you please mark my answer as the “Answer” ? This helps keeping the forum tidy.