Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'qubes-contrib-dom0-r4.2-current'

Trying to install qvm-screenshot-tool, encountering this:

$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qvm-screenshot-tool
Using sys-firewall as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take some time...
3isec Qubes Dom0 Repository (updates)           2.7 kB/s | 3.0 kB     00:01    
Fedora 37 - x86_64                              2.8 kB/s | 4.0 kB     00:01    
Fedora 37 - x86_64 - Updates                     10 kB/s | 3.9 kB     00:00    
Qubes OS Contrib Repository for dom0 (updates)   26  B/s | 153  B     00:05    
Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'qubes-contrib-dom0-r4.2-current':
  - Status code: 404 for https://contrib.qubes-os.org/yum/r4.2/current/dom0/fc37/repodata/repomd.xml (IP: 147.75.102.29)
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'qubes-contrib-dom0-r4.2-current': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried
Qubes Host Repository (updates)                 2.5 kB/s | 2.7 kB     00:01    
Ignoring repositories: qubes-contrib-dom0-r4.2-current
No match for argument: qvm-screenshot-tool
Error: Unable to find a match: qvm-screenshot-tool

What’s happening? Is this serious or trivial?

I have the exact same issue on a fresh install of Qubes 4.2.
The first thing i ran after updating dom0 was install contrib and now I get the same error every time i use qubes-dom0-update and i cannot install anything from contrib. The other repos still work fine.

1 Like

@unman

I just checked these folders and contrib repositories for r4.2 are empty:

https://ftp.qubes-os.org/repo/contrib/yum/r4.2/current/host/fc37/rpm/
https://contrib.qubes-os.org/yum/r4.2/current/host/fc37/rpm/

Are the contrib packages moved to somewhere else?

p.s.: Archive.org wayback machine link to document and log the server status:
Index of /yum/r4.2/current/host/fc37/rpm/

Since the contrib repository for r4.2 is still empty, I guess it might be necessary to open an issue on Github and report it.

r4.1 repository contains the contrib packages. So either cobtrib packages for r4.2 are missing by mistake or they have been dropped deliberately. cc. @adw

@alimirjamali, are you able to open a bug report for this?

1 Like

The screenshot tool is in process of being moved to the main repository, rather than
contrib.

I never presume to speak for the Qubes team.
When I comment in the Forum I speak for myself.

1 Like

Since Screenshot tool was the main subject of the user complains and it is being moved to main repo (according to Unman), it might not be necessary to open a new Github issue. I am not sure about the rest (qubes-contrib-configs, qubes-tunnel, qubes-desktop-linux-i3-gaps, qubes-rofi, qubes-remote-desktop, qubes-qmenu, qubes-polybar) as I do not use them personally, So it might be better to wait for any user/maintainer/contributor complain on them missing before opening an issue.

p.s. BTW, I see @rustybird contributed to one of those repositories.

1 Like

@rustybird it seems like qubes-split-browser is widely absent, too.

Alas: app-split-browser v0.16.4 (r4.2) · Issue #81 · QubesOS-contrib/updates-status · GitHub

This is bad news :frowning: