Donation to Qubes OS

Hi adw :wave:

Noted with thanks, I will take a look at OpenCollective and see what it’s like.

May I know can I donate through Paypal?

Have a pleasant day.

Hi Pallas,

We do not accept PayPal donations directly. However, using PayPal to donate via Open Collective may be possible. I tried looking into this to see whether Open Collective accepts PayPal, but I was not able to find any concrete answers. Perhaps you could try it and see if it allows you to do so?

Yep, PayPal works (see screenshot)…

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming, @Sven!

Hi adw,
Ok, thanks for the info.

Have a delightful day.

Hi Sven,

Great, can donate through Paypal. Thanks for the info.

Have a wonderful day.

@adw it could be good to mention this on the website:

Also, @anon20815738 no need for the email formatting “Hi… Cool regards”, as it makes it a bit harder to read replies and the forum already provides your username. But whatever suits your style. See also FAQ - Qubes OS Forum (keep tidy).

1 Like

Some Qubes users won’t want to advertise the fact that they’re Qubes users or supporters for fear of attracting unwanted attention–are there any anonymous donation methods?

1 Like

The addition of monero payments is a progress:

5 Likes

I’m so exited about monero donation, i will finally be able to donate to QubesOS and help this amazing project :champagne:

I can see that there is an monero address in the changefile, can I already donate to it ? Add Monero donation information by andrewdavidwong · Pull Request #161 · QubesOS/qubesos.github.io · GitHub

2 Likes

Yes, you can already donate to the Monero address. We’re just waiting for @marmarek and Simon (HW42) to sign the address and approve the pull requests (one for adding it to the website and one for the announcement).

Thank you for supporting Qubes! :smiley:

1 Like

Ah great, they now support Paypal for monthly donations as well, previously they did Paypal only for one time donations.

Monero donations are official! :tada:

6 Likes

maybe a new topic but this is what i found donations related:

What does this exactly mean? I have no doubt that Nina is doing an amazing job, and i only back you with 10$ per month, but this title isnt ideal for me to understand what the invoice relates to her current work. am i missing a connection here? i dont want reports or anthing, rather decriptive titles.

best.

1 Like

Ohhh man. Yes, I am new to working with open invoicing. That was intended to just be visible to Marek. Call me mighty embarrassed! What was the “private” note, was what I had intended to be visible.

This expense was just for ongoing UX support for Qubes. Currently my work is budgeted at 5hr/wk, which is mighty slim. TY for flagging this! I will be more mindful, with future invoices I upload.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your ongoing donations to support our work! <3

Qubes is a good project, by good people, serving a good purpose,
i have planned to learn Monero and donate, soon after i settle my issue.

1 Like

I highly appreciate the monero donation option - it just makes so much sense to collaboration / support communities with the same mission.

Nevertheless, it is 2nd preferred crypto currency …
Could you please share some insights on the effort you had to add monero to your donation option and how much effort would it be to add more privacy crypto currencies?

Do you have an expected donation account per year of monero?

I am really interested in some figures.

Thanks

1 Like

Nice that they have monero option now, @whoami @newbie .