Donation to Qubes OS

May I know how much do I need to donate to Qubes OS in order to be able to use Qubes OS? Is it a one-time donation?

Hope to receive a reply soon, thank you.

You are not required to donate in order to use Qubes OS. Donations are voluntary; they help the development and ensure that Qubes OS will be supported in the long term.

Simply donate as much as you can afford; preferably as a monthly donation.

2 Likes

Just dopping here a link for anyone else interested in donating:

1 Like

Qubes OS is free and open-source software. You donā€™t have to donate or pay anything in order to able to use it!

However, Qubes does depend on donations to stay alive, so if youā€™re able to donate, we would greatly appreciate it!

5 Likes

Hi fsflover,

Thanks for the info.

Have a pleasant week :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi adw,

Thanks for the info. btw do you know if one-time donation is allowed or not?

Have a pleasant week :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Through OpenCollective you can do a one-time donation.

One-time donations are absolutely allowed and very welcome! As deeplow posted above, you can do that through OpenCollective. We also have other donation methods, which are covered here:

Hi deeplow :wave:

Oh through OpenCollective, noted with thanks.

Have a pleasant day.

Hi adw :wave:

Noted with thanks, I will take a look at OpenCollective and see what itā€™s like.

May I know can I donate through Paypal?

Have a pleasant day.

Hi Pallas,

We do not accept PayPal donations directly. However, using PayPal to donate via Open Collective may be possible. I tried looking into this to see whether Open Collective accepts PayPal, but I was not able to find any concrete answers. Perhaps you could try it and see if it allows you to do so?

Yep, PayPal works (see screenshot)ā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming, @Sven!

Hi adw,
Ok, thanks for the info.

Have a delightful day.

Hi Sven,

Great, can donate through Paypal. Thanks for the info.

Have a wonderful day.

@adw it could be good to mention this on the website:

Also, @anon20815738 no need for the email formatting ā€œHiā€¦ Cool regardsā€, as it makes it a bit harder to read replies and the forum already provides your username. But whatever suits your style. See also FAQ - Qubes OS Forum (keep tidy).

1 Like

Some Qubes users wonā€™t want to advertise the fact that theyā€™re Qubes users or supporters for fear of attracting unwanted attentionā€“are there any anonymous donation methods?

1 Like

The addition of monero payments is a progress:

5 Likes

Iā€™m so exited about monero donation, i will finally be able to donate to QubesOS and help this amazing project :champagne:

I can see that there is an monero address in the changefile, can I already donate to it ? Add Monero donation information by andrewdavidwong Ā· Pull Request #161 Ā· QubesOS/qubesos.github.io Ā· GitHub

2 Likes

Yes, you can already donate to the Monero address. Weā€™re just waiting for @marmarek and Simon (HW42) to sign the address and approve the pull requests (one for adding it to the website and one for the announcement).

Thank you for supporting Qubes! :smiley:

1 Like