A user asks the following question:
There are multiple ways to do it.
- Make sure the <APP_VM> you want to change is shut down (where
APP_VMwill be whatever AppVM you choose)
- Open the application “<APP_VM>: Qube Settings”
- Choose another Template on the dropdown menu for template.
Let’s say you want to change the template for a lot of AppVMs.
Qubes Template Managerapplication
- Select the AppVMs you want to change
- Choose the new template in
Change all selected to
- hit OK
Note: This is particularly useful when you just installed a new version of a template (fedora-33, for example) and want to change fedora-32s to fedora-33s.
On a dom0 terminal (Xfce Terminal) type:
qvm-prefs <APP_VM> template <NEW_TEMPLATE_VM>
Thanks for your time to create the thread!