Broken `qrexec-policy-daemon` after messed up `qubes-remote-desktop` installation

Yes!

And then the command in 3. also changed.

Allright. In your guide step 1. has a double space between tee and /etc/.... Is this important?

No that shouldn’t matter. I’ve just fixed it now.

Thanks! It’s working now:)
One last question: Is this guide outdated: (Firewall | Qubes OS)?
It is stated there to create a file in /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.ConnectTCP rather than /etc/qubes/policy.d/30-remote-admin.policy.

Looks like it’s outdated. Calling in @adw, the maintainer of the docs.

Fantastic! :sunglasses:

1 Like

My overall goal is to access dom0 via vnc from the outside world. (I’m aware of the security risks.)

I have configured a wireguard gateway into my local network and want to expose a port of my qubes desktop computer to the local network for vnc access. (so sys-net → sys-firewall → remote-admin) .

Are you aware of a good guide?
I have found this (Firewall | Qubes OS)
and this ([Contribution] qvm-expose-port ¡ Issue #4028 ¡ QubesOS/qubes-issues ¡ GitHub) but this may be also outdated.

Well, because you’re punching a hole so big in this Qubes system then maybe you could run this in sys-net rather than remote-admin and have a way easier time exposing that qube.

Yes, sure. How do I do that ie. which guide should I follow?

Just do the same thing but instead of remote-admin, replace with sys-net. And then find out how you can expose a server on sys-net if it doesn’t aready.

Mind opening an issue or PR for that?

Here you go Adapt to new policy format by deeplow · Pull Request #1270 · QubesOS/qubes-doc · GitHub, but it should be reviewed by someone in the know about policy formats as I haven’t tested that.

2 Likes