Bluetooth not working in Fedora 36 template

After I upgraded from the Fedora 34 template to Fedora 36, my Bluetooth device disappeared. I checked

journalctl -xb

in sys-usb, and this showed some Bluetooth errors. Googling those errors showed I needed a newer kernel. So I tried to use the kernel installed inside the VM, for both sys-usb and the target VM I wanted to use Bluetooth in.

However, now the situation is worse because, although sys-usb is able to detect Bluetooth, I am no longer able to attach any USB devices to other VMs at all.

I tried installing kernel-latest-qubes-vm in dom0 instead, and making both sys-usb and the AppVM use that kernel. This allowed the Bluetooth USB device to be visible, and allowed it to be connected to the AppVM. However, when I run systemsettings in the AppVM and try to pair my Bluetooth headphones, I get the error

“Internal error: could not prompt the user for which application to start”

It turns out that the application to start is bluedevil-wizard. After I restarted systemsettings and bluetooth and ran the wizard manually from the command line, I managed to connect my Bluetooth headphones.

How can I make bluedevil-wizard get run automatically?

I updated my Fedora template in-place - that might be why this doesn’t work.

Put the .desktop file in the following folder in Fedora linux to start the application during startup

/etc/xdg/autostart

If we want to start the application before my desktop starts (means to start during driver load) then put the shell script file in the below path

/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d directory