Wireless card not detected (intel ® Dual Band wireless-AC 7260 PCI Slot 2)

Good afternoon everyone,

I hope someone can help or point me in the right direction I am having a wireless issue with my new install of Qubes 4.0.3 on my laptop…Qubes runs great,loads fast actually looking forward to using it alot BUT. I have no wireless…

Qubes see’s everything else…USB controllers, Ethenet controller (copper),IDE,Bridges,SCSI… No wireless card…

When I go to…
sys-net>Qubes settings “Dom0 settings: sys-net”>Devices tab, I see “Available side”
Host bridge,SCSI, Ethernet,USB,VGA…etc
No wireless card
BUT in “selected side” I see
02:01.0 Unknown device (unknown)
I have installed in my laptop…’"intel ® Dual Band wireless-AC 7260 PCI Slot 2

Any guidance would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian

Have you tried in Dom0 Terminal to install the latest kernel for VMs? This is the command:
sudo qubes-dom0-update kernel-latest-qubes-vm
The latest Kernel is likely to recognize the wireless card. You would need to switch sys-net at least to the new kernel once installed

1 Like

Thank you my friend I did try what you said and I got this for sys-net,sys-firewall,sys-whonix…
PCI device dom0:02_01.0 doesn’t not exist

Also when even I try to start Template…debian,fedora,whonix-gw15,whonix-ws15…I get this strange error…
failed to start: invalid argument: could not find capabilities for ostype=pvh arch=x86_64

My kernel is default…4.19.94.1
My virtualization is default…PVH current.

So I did something wrong…
Maybe this Linux system isn’t for me looks awesome.

Ok, this may be beyond my technical abilities, or I probably did not understand your setup. But I recommend you install latest VM kernel 5.10.8-1 for sys-net at least.
Alternatively, I recommend install of Qubes 4.0.4 RC2 (very stable) instead of 4.0.3, and upgrade to the latest kernel if 4.0.4 hasn’t solved the problem.

I think this is a hardware issue with this system as I did get some hardware not supported errors once I really start to dig into the terminal.
So I will be looking at trying this on another computer.
Thank you for your help in this matter