Windows VM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I’m having trouble creating a windows VM. I’m using the tool at GitHub - elliotkillick/qvm-create-windows-qube: Spin up new Windows qubes quickly, effortlessly and securely that the qubes-os guide talks about. This method worked for me in the past, but I upgraded my motherboard, CPU and memory and now I’m getting an error.
I made it all the way to creating the VM and now windows is trying to install itself but I get a microsoft blue screen that complains: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (This is the installer inside the windows VM giving this error.)
I’m guessing this is a BIOS setting related to memory, but I’m not sure what to look for.
The motherboard is a GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard .
The CPU is a AMD RYZEN 9 3900X 12-Core 3.8 GHz
Memory is CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 128GB (4 x 32GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)

Any ideas what I should be looking for?
Thanks for any help,
Bernn

yeah it sounds like a memory issue not really my field but how much are u allocting?
try maybe making a standalone hvm from a iso and see if you’re getting the same issue
for a start

I am able to install Windows 10, but 7 keeps failing.
I gave it 40G of disc and 32G of RAM.
I tried setting the video driver to cirrus .
I’ve tried the downloaded windows 7 ultimate ISO that the github script pulls from Microsoft and I’ve tried a Win7 DVD that I found.
Now I get the blue screen saying there was a problem but I don’t get the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA message any more. I don’t get anything other than a general failure and a hex address string.

There is an alternative guide on the community docs. Many people have reported success with that one. So maybe you could give it a try:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-vm/