Windows 10 routed through whonixgw with socks5

Hello all, I need a bit of help here. I’m new to qubes and I need this environment for testing, could you guys please explain to me how I can setup a windows 10 qube that’s routed through whonixgw, and optionally has a socks5 option for windows?
Thanks

Not sure about the socks5 setup within a Windows VM but to route any non Whonix workstation VM through Tor, I usually set the NetVM of the workstation (in this case, Windows) to an application firewall VM and the application firewall setting for NetVM is the whonix gateway (typically sys-whonix).

So…

Windows -> app-firewall -> sys-whonix

In Qube Manager, open the Window VM settings → basic tab → NetVM=app-firewall

In Qube Manager, open the app-firewall VM settings → basic tab → NetVM=sys-whonix

(assuming the name of your application firewall is app-firewall and the name your whonix gateway is sys-whonix)

Socks5 proxy is likely configured within the Windows VM (maybe Shadowsocks in the systray?)

Apologies if I got anything wrong. I’m just offering general Qubes advice. I’m not a Windows user.

[edit: also note that my use of the term “application firewall” is informal. I only mean a standard Qubes firewall VM behind your appVM)

I have a program that allows me to force all traffic though a socks5 in windows, could that work? And if something gets past it it will just show whonixgw for or whatever

I’m really not sure. My above advice only covers getting Windows connected to Tor.

It’s possible that you might need to set something up on the Whonix gateway VM (sys-whonix) to handle incoming socks5 traffic from your Windows machine. Either way, Tor already uses multiple socks5 proxies when it routes connections, so if you aren’t using socks5 for your Windows applications, you are still covered behind 3 socks proxies when you connect through Tor. Maybe someone else can clarify.

Could you possibly explain the process of how to actually create and set up the machine?

I assume you mean a Windows virtual machine? Check out the Qubes docs for that.

…and look into qubes-windows-tools to add Qubes functionality to your Windows qube.