- Create standalone win10 vm
- Within the settings of the VM, boot the VM with windows 10 with iso downloaded from MS and within a fedora vm named ‘download’.
- Install windows 10
- restart the vm
- Use the ‘Qubes device’ applet at top right of dom0 desktop to attach the windows 10 iso
- Install xenbus and xenvbd v9.0.0 (i also install 7zip to extract .tar files from xenproject) as described in Documentation : Windows-10 installation on Qubes R4.0 - #6 by scallyob
- Windows cannot see the windows 10 iso. When I open file explorer, I can’t see any CD-ROM drive.
Windows 10 VM also cannot see the qubes windows tool iso that I built in another fedora vm, following the instruction at GitHub - tabit-pro/qubes-windows-tools-cross: Qubes Windows Tools build with mingw, wine and qubes-builder
How to make the Windows 10 VM see my .iso in its CD-ROM drive?