Will qubes run on HP EliteBook 840 G5

looking to buy a laptop for qubesos thats under 600$ the HP EliteBook 840 G5 looks like it meets the specs to me but id like a better opinion or does anyone know of a better laptop that meets the price point

cpu: i5-7300U
intel HD graphics 620
16gb ddr4 ram
and 250gb ssd

That computer would meet the system requirements for Qubes OS, based on what you said System requirements | Qubes OS . You can also check the hardware compatibility list to find computers that other people have found to work Hardware compatibility list (HCL) | Qubes OS . The EliteBook 840 isn’t listed, but the 820 is and looks like it works fine. Also, don’t forget to check if the processor has VT-d as this is a practical requirement for Qubes OS Intel® Product Specifications , which the i5-7300U does. Over all, that computer should be able to run Qubes OS.

A couple of points that I left out earlier:
You can check out the community-recommended hardware Community-recommended computers for unofficially recommended hardware that multiple people have found to work well.
Also, don’t forget to submit a hardware compatibility list report if you find a computer that works with Qubes OS. It’s easy to do as you can just run ‘qubes-hcl-report’ in dom0 and copy the .yml file to an AppVM with ‘qvm-copy-to-vm [destination VM] [Qubes-HCL-model.yml]’ and attach it to a new topic in the HCL Reports section of the forum. It will help anyone else looking to know how well that computer works with Qubes OS.

The 840 G4 works fine, so the G5 should, too.