Why should I use prepared templates?

Why should I use prepared templates with qubes repos instead of installing desired OS from ISO?

They come with all necessary tools that allow you to e.g. copy/paste between qubes.

And in some cases it is not possible to simply install the necessary
qubes packages.

I never presume to speak for the Qubes team.
When I comment in the Forum I speak for myself.

If I want to use raw iso (because I don’t want my ISP to see connections to qubes repos or I want latest distro), how I can copy/paste? Is it possible to set up shared folder or something like that? It should be possible to move files via services like google drive or by copying files to usb drive, but it’s not the most convenient way. Also, will device attaching work?

Without Qubes tools, you would probably need to transfer data by qube-to-qube networking. Another option is to use qvm-start --cdrom=... with ISO file you prepare in the other qube. Not very convenient.

use a vpn or tor - just because you need to take curve doesn’t mean you need to build a wheel

of course it’s possible, but if it’s not default then eventually I will forget about tor/vpn and isp will notice qubes os repos. Als direct connections are much faster.