Where do I tell Qubes I renamed sys-whonix, so it doesn't break updates?

I renamed sys-whonix to something more useful (for me), and it broke the whonix-gw-16 template from updating DOH!

I seem to remember there is somewhere in dom0 you can manually change it. This is something I will actually change, from time to time, as I use different sources (usually private VPN’s) to update tor templates.

Thanks

It would be useful to tell which release you are using, but for 4.1 you’d like to check

/etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.UpdatesProxy

as well as

/etc/qubes/policy.d/90-default.policy

For dom0 - in Global settings → qube defaults → Dom0 Update qube

2 Likes

Thanks, that was it!

You are welcome. You may want to flag the post as a solution so it could help other users too.

Great idea. I just looked around, don’t see an option to flag it as a solution. Do I edit the topic? add (solved) or something?

Thanks. it should be a checkbox next to the heart you flagged my post with.

I did flagged as “other” and sent a message asking if that’s how I flag as solved hah we’ll see

1 Like

Never mind, thanks for trying. Its under the post, not at the end of the topic

Only posts in “User Support” can be selected as solution. This is because a “General discussion” by definition can’t have a “solution”.

If the topic starts with “How do I …” and a “solution” is possible, those are very good indicators of something belonging in “User Support”.

Moved the thread to “User Support” and selected the appropriate answer as “solution”.

2 Likes