What's new in Qubes OS 4.1 (alpha)

This is a place to share and discuss what’s has being added lately in Qubes OS 4.1 alpha :partying_face:

1 Like

New icons since several days has you can see :

2 Likes

Also this good one since two weeks : Add "restart" to Domain Widget · Issue #6249 · QubesOS/qubes-issues · GitHub :partying_face:

But I don’t know why I can’t take a screenshot of of the domain widget to share it here :joy:

2 Likes

i like current sys icon, but new icon is more precise as os is called ‘qube’

take pict with phone or install standalone ‘qubes os’ then take pict from there :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe this belongs in #general-discussion as it may interest everyone? Anyways, @quququbebebe feel free to move it back or revert the title if you disagree.

1 Like

This probably comes from here:

1 Like

Padlocks in Mac and Windows systems tend to indicate that a part of the UI is locked from editing (read/write modality). The rounded-padlock in Qubes, also speaks to Whonix. In an OS like Qubes, where the whole thing is all about security, iconography to better speak to the mental model of Qubes as well… “a series of qubes,” felt like it could give an intuitive boost to reinforcing the core mental model of compartmentalization. Glad you likey! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A nice template downloader UI is available too.
Type qvm-template-gui in your dom0 terminal to start it

6 Likes

There is a draft of release notes here: Add R4.1 release notes by marmarek · Pull Request #828 · QubesOS/qubes-doc · GitHub

But most of the items are still just in issues: Issues · QubesOS/qubes-issues · GitHub

3 Likes