What would you like to see improved in Qubes OS?

It’s not because it’s secure we shouldn’t have a proper user experience when possible though

I don’t know what you mean by that. Whether something is proper or not needs to be evaluated in relation to something else. It has no meaning per se.

Is it proper to drag and drop between qubes? Or is it proper not to? If the former is proper, why has it not been done so far? Or how is each option evaluated? How exactly would such thing work? What programs and what desktop environments need to be compatible with it? Many questions.

1 Like

nice…

i can add some more

1. add icon " Open File Manager" next to the minimize/maximize/close button

2. Put the option to show networking (sys-wifi/sys-eth) in the title of each appvm

Example AppVM window: If you open Firefox: In the title of your window you will see:

[disp1533] [sys-wifi] - Mozilla Firefox

[disp1535] [sys-eth] - Mozilla Firefox

[disp1567] [sys-whonix] - Mozilla Firefox

Sometimes we open several disps, with several different sys-nets, that would help a lot!

4 Likes

Further to my problem with qube window management:

I’d like an option to move all qube windows to another workspace at once.

In the same way that a right-click on the tab in the xfce4-panel offers an option to move that one tab to a new workspace, there should also be an option to do the same with all the tabs of the same qube all at once.

Again, this is a way of managing many tabs, many of which are the same color and (almost) indistinguishable from each other (e.g. lots of yellow firefox tabs).

2 Likes

@tree
For more colors i use this scripts. Easy and functional :slight_smile:

More explanations here:

2 Likes

fantastic, thanks - will check that out as soon as I have the time.

1 Like

See also:

4 Likes

thanks also

1 Like

Strange i don’t see this thread! awesome!, I’m going to try it as soon as I have some time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad that you liked it. Just wrote the rgb_to_hsv, hsv_to_rgb and tint functions in pure bash. It was a challenge as bash scripts do not provide floating points numbers and I wanted to avoid Python or bc(1). Hopefully the qubes-label-tweak-tool would be fully functional tonight or tomorrow. My aim is to allow user supplied icons as well as the default qute icons.

2 Likes

While I agree with other the things @Sycamore shared, I extra agree with this one.

2 Likes

Sorted by priority:

1. Better power efficiency
  2. Better power efficiency
  3. Update to Xen 4.18 since it provides better power efficiency (on Intel chips, that is)
6 Likes

Don’t neglect power efficiency.

1 Like

The ability to provide a custom name/label to an application that has been favorited/bookmarked in the Qubes menu.

While it’s useful to see the color and name of the application’s qube, it would be super helpful to allow a custom name to better distinguish between instances of the same application for example.

2 Likes

Congratulations on 2.000 issues!

1 Like

we count on you to contribute to help :+1:

1 Like

“Fixed” assumes that all those issues are bug reports. This is a mistaken assumption. There are actually more enhancement requests than bug reports among the open issues. Also, anyone who has an idea for something that they think will be an enhancement can open an issue for it. That doesn’t mean that every idea is a good idea.

2 Likes

Don’t neglect power efficiency.

This is hard. I just gave up on laptops.

1 Like

“Fixed” assumes that all those issues are bug reports. This is a mistaken assumption.

I should have probably written “properly resolved”.

1 Like

How about a “note” field in the Qubes Manager Settings for a vm that automatically contains changes of config files in this vm, installed packages, …?
If it creates security risk, a special file in the vm would also be great, though, one couldn’t access it if the vm is unbootable…

Of course, hand editing would also be great.

1 Like
4 Likes