Vpn problems

Hi. I am new with qubes and I do not have much experience in linux. I have been trying to setup a vpn connection, but it has been impossible to make it work. I have the 4.2.1 version installed in an usb pendrive. I tried to setup a vpn using openvpn and wireguard on the sys-net. And it seemed that it worked because there was the locker icon on the wifi icon, but I could not get access to internet. Internet worked without problems when the vpn was disconnected, with both openvpn and wireguard. I created an specific qube for vpn, following one of the tutorial that I found here, but I got the same result. Internet worked untill I switched on the qube-vpn.
I created an specific opnsense qube, installing the software as a template,and I found that the program could not find the ip for the wan. So I could not finish the installation.
I have no idea how I can sort it out. It seems it is something about the wan conection or maybe I have more than one problem.
Regards

1 Like

sys-net must be left alone with the network controller. If you want to use a VPN, create a new qube for this purpose.
You can follow this guide to create and configure a Wireguard qube:

1 Like

some VPN app offer specific features related to Wi-Fi (like enabling, or not, the VPN depending on the SSID), which could only be done in sys-net unfortunately.

2 Likes

Hi. Thank ypu for your help. I will try it and I will let you know the result

1 Like

Hi. So what can I do? I am trying to setup a surfshark vpn
Regards

1 Like

you weight pros and cons doing it and sys-net and take a decision

2 Likes

Hi. I contacted the vpn provider.to solve my problem. And it seems that the setup is correct but i still can not connect to internet.i have a question, in the ipv4 settings should i add a specific gateway???
Regards

Hi. I would like to let you know that i could solve the problem. After trying different methods. And following the tutorial recommended by DVM and developed by Solene. I have to admit that I could not solve it. Maybe it is the vpn which i use , i am not sure. But solene said that some vpn features can only be done is sys-net. So I set up a vpn connection in the sys-net using the gui by importing a file with my vpn features. It is not as safe as it is with the dedicated qube, but i could not do it in a different way.
Regards