"User Support" Category is Visually Confusing

Creating a new topic to discuss this

The Boxes

These boxes are just a setting that I’ve enabled. They can be disabled if users find it confusing.

But I think the reason for the confusion is not so much the boxes, but rather the fact that the “main” category is the parent category. See bellow:

User Support --> Main Support category
├── Hardware Support
├── HCL Reports
├── How-Tos
└── Testing 4.1

So following your explanation @ToastedCoral when one jumps into the “User Support”, then there is no box for let’s say “User Support”.

If this is the problem one possible solution could be to create a subcategory for general questions such that no “user support” post would land on the parent category.

Unlike Renaming "How-Tos" category this is a problem that is hard to assess we can’t see users doing the mistakes. So let’s see if someone else also complains about this.

Further feedback from the user @ToastedCoral, who is having usings using discourse (being followed up here). I’ll paste here the feedback.

I think this is a general issue on the first experience of posting an new post. So I think we should create a category Support or General Support.

User Support --> Main Support category
├── General Support
├── Hardware Support
├── HCL Reports
├── How-Tos
└── Testing 4.1

@adw, any thoughts?

I understand his complaint to be about how the subcategories are visually presented, not about the naming or organization of the categories.

1 Like

I am sorry, it seems like this post has sat in my “draft” pane for many days.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.
This extra box would work perfectly for someone like me.

1 Like