USB based backups and copying to various VMs

Hello,
I am backing up files from an older computer to a new Librem 14 with Qubes. I am not new to linux but I am new to Qubes. I am trying to to copy these files from USB attached drives.

There are a few things to note:

• Based on my searches of this topic, the USB drives should not be seen in dom0. But, by default they are.
  • These files have varying levels of security some needing internet access (I need to upload config profiles for a VPN for example) and some which should not ever have access to the internet (password manager files for example). These have corresponding VMs too.
  • Ideally, I would like to copy these without using CLI/terminal and prefer GUI.
  • Then, in the future I would like to set up new backup drives that would be mostly offline and disconnected. They would only be connected when making backups from the file system to the external drive.

Questions:

1. How do I copy from USB to the respective VM file locations (ideally with GUI)?
  2. How would I copy files from various VMs onto an external drive when the USBs are defaulting to dom0?

Check the docs: