USB attached but not accessible

I have a USB stick I would like to read lets say form the untrusted qube, but after attaching it it does not appear in the file manager. Actually the only qube I can access it from is the sys-net. Is there a config I am missing? I can copy the files to other qubes, but I suppose this is not he intended way to do this.

Run this command in the untrusted qube:

sudo mount /dev/xvdi /mnt/removable/

If the stick still does not show up, navigate to the directory /mnt/removable/ manually.

It seems you chose to chose a combined sys-net and sys-usb qube during your installation. So all your USB devices are managed by it. If you want to connect it to other qubes, you should use Qubes Devices widget. See also: How to use USB devices | Qubes OS.

Let me rephrase it: sys-net is the only qube that can see the contents of the usb stick after having it attached (it also needs to be connected via the widget but that is fine). All the other qubes just do not have access to it despite having it attached via the Devices widget.

Is this a symptom of a combined sys-net and sys-usb? What can I do about it?

1 Like

Update: I also tried different USB devices and I was able to read them from the untrusted, but not this one. I can still access it from sys-net. I am a bit confused why.

How do I make it work???

Image Description:
photo of my screen showing Dom0 Terminal and the qube VM Terminal
• Dom0:
I had entered the

qvm-usb attach qfile-bk sys-usb:4-10

Returned with,
“device … already attached to qfile-bk”

However in the next Terminal from the qfile-bk VM
I input the following,

sudo mount /dev/xvdi /mnt/removable

Returned with this message,
“mount: /mnt/removable: mount point does not exist. dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call.”

Been trying to no avail, please help