Unable to Retrieve fedora-34, No match for argument: qubes-template-fedora-34

I’ve enabled the repositories and it just won’t download and I have no idea why.

This is the message I get:

[user@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-itl-testing
Using sys-firewall as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take some time...
No updates available
[user@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community-testing
Using sys-firewall as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may take some time...
No updates available
[user@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-34
Qubes OS Repository for Dom0                    0.0  B/s |   0  B     00:00    
Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'qubes-dom0-cached':
  - Curl error (37): Couldn't read a file:// file for file:///var/lib/qubes/updates/repodata/repomd.xml [Couldn't open file /var/lib/qubes/updates/repodata/repomd.xml]
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'qubes-dom0-cached': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried
Ignoring repositories: qubes-dom0-cached
No match for argument: qubes-template-fedora-34

During this process, it also opened up a green [sys-firewall] sh window.

This windows said:

Warning: Enforcing GPC signature check globally as per active RPM security policy (see ‘gpccheck’ in dnf.conf(5) for how to squelch this message)
Fedora 32 - x86_64 - Updates [mentions download rate and times]
Fedora 32 - x86_64 [mentions download rate and times]
Qubes Dom0 Repository (update) [mentions download rate and times]
Qubes Templates Repository [mentions download rate and times]
No match for argument: qubes-template-fedora-34
Error: Unable to find a match: qubes-template-fedora-34
Fetching updates failed with code 1; press Enter to exit

When you run :

sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community-testing

you should provide package, example :

sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-itl-testing qubes-template-fedora-34
1 Like

I did do that, it just isn’t showing in the forum because the line is too long and the way the formatting shows.

When I copy in html from the dom0 terminal, it’s not copying the entire block of text past what the window shows.

I did provide the package. I’ll try it again. Maybe I needed I needed testing at the end of itl.

It worked. Not because I didn’t put “fedora-34” but because I had put the repo as itl and not itl testing.

The documentation mentions itl and I don’t think it mentions itl-testing. Is this an error in the documentation or operator error/ignorance?

I am having this problem as well. I have tried all the same commands as qubesn00b listed in his OP plus:

sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community-testing qubes-template-fedora-34

For all commands I get:

Cannot retrieve repository…Please verify its path and try again

Typing in the solution with itl-testing 51lieal describes does not work for me.

I am confused by the OP’s claim to a "solution; in his OP he indicates he tried “itl-testing”, but in the 5th post he says he had set the repo to “itl” not “itl-testing”.

What am I missing?

Randy

note: this is guess
what is your updatevm

my mistake post

Never mind.

I tried 51lieal’s solution again…and this time it went through.

No spelling errors, I scrolled through my previous commands to give it another shot.

The system must have a sense of humour; it would do this to me after I had thrown in the towel and had to resort to posting.

:rofl:
no, your network connection might temp have problem