Trying again to get a custom kernel working, without any luck still.
I did the following:
- Grab the config from sys-net
- Modify the config in my dev vm
- Make a kernel from this modified config & 5.10.111 linux kernel
- Copy the vmlinuz file to dom0
- Attempt to qubes-prepare-vm-kernel
ERROR kernel version  not installed
Where am I going wrong here? (I also tried qubes-prepare-vm-kernel with the initrd.img file).
Tried setting sys-net kernel to the 5.10.111 but it says initramfs not found…
I see that
if [ ! -r /boot/vmlinuz-$1 -o ! -d /lib/modules/$1 ]; then echo "ERROR: Kernel version $1 not installed" >&2 exit 1 fi
Is the logic. Do we have to manually copy file by file the modules files created in dev qube to dom0??? And what about initramfs, systemmap and config files in /boot in dom0 ???
I don’t know hot to copy multiple files at once into dom0, and this seems wrong. Documentation points that sudo qubes-prepare-kernel should just work…