Unable to install NVIDIA drivers

Hello everyone!

Here I am again crying having issues with the novideo drivers.

First I tried following step by step this guide: https://github.com/Qubes-Community/Contents/blob/master/docs/configuration/install-nvidia-driver.md

(Everything that I tried to do was on a Fedora 36 based qube, not on Dom0.)

But I encountered an error right at the first command. :confused:
After adding the rpmfusion (both the free and nonfree) repo (s) I tried running this: yumdownloader --resolve xorg-x11-drv-nvidia.
And here’s where I get the error:

Fedora 36 - x86_64                                                                                                           1.6 MB/s |  81 MB     00:51    
Fedora 36 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64                                                                                     2.8 kB/s | 2.5 kB     00:00    
Fedora 36 - x86_64 - Updates                                                                                                 1.6 MB/s |  27 MB     00:16    
Qubes OS Repository for VM (updates)                                                                                         799  B/s | 833  B     00:01    
Qubes OS Repository for VM (updates)                                                                                         108 kB/s | 2.3 kB     00:00    
Importing GPG key 0x9E2795E9:
 Userid     : "Qubes OS Release 4 Signing Key"
 Fingerprint: 5817 A43B 283D E5A9 181A 522E 1848 792F 9E27 95E9
 From       : /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-qubes-4-primary
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Qubes OS Repository for VM (updates)                                                                                         193 kB/s | 150 kB     00:00    
No package xorg-x11-drv-nvidia available.
Exiting due to strict setting.
Error: No package xorg-x11-drv-nvidia available.

I don’t know what to do. I’ve never used the rpm pkg manager so I have 0 experience with it. Any idea about what could be causing this?

I’m aware of this solution but I wanted to do it as the docs say if possible. If not I’ll try that.

Thanks,
- me.