Unable to change password

Hi, I’m trying to rotate my password using the password reset option in the security section of preferences, but I never receive the email. In particular, I have tried this set of steps multiple times over the past few weeks (I double-checked my spam box and that the email address on my account is correct):

1. Open forum.qubes-os.org and log in
  2. Click on the circular profile icon in the top-right corner
  3. Click on the silhouette button (bottom-right corner of the pop-up)
  4. Click on the “Preferences” button
  5. Click on the “Security” tab
  6. Click on the “Send Password Reset Email” button
1 Like

From the logs it appears to have been sent. I’ll need to investigation this later.

2 Likes

Since your logs say that the email was sent I’ll double check things again on my end. I thought I checked everything but maybe I missed something. I am only human after all. :slightly_smiling_face: If I find something I’ll mention it here so that we know the issue is resolved.

3 Likes

I’m still not seeing it. In another forum running discourse that I use the subject line is “[forum name] Password Reset”. In this case I would expect it to say “[Qubes Forum] password reset”.

Emails I have received about posts being made have come from “qubes_os@forum.qubes-os.org”. I would expect the reset email to come from the same address.

Are these expectations correct?

It comes form this one. I have just tested the pw reset myself and I have received an email from that address. The loogs look the same as the pw reset you sent yesterday. So I think the problem is somewhere in your email provider / client. Maybe it got filtered or went to spam?

I am at the limit of what I can do for you in this situation. Maybe try changing email? The forum supports disposable providers.

Thanks again for checking things on your end! This helped my eliminate some possibilities on my end. It turns out there was a combination of 2 things happening on my end: the email was getting filtered into an unexpected folder and a search interface which I thought was global was actually restricted, so emails from that folder didn’t appear in the search results. I’m able to reset my password now.

2 Likes