To the Devs, if I may

I have a request to ask if all of you may so incline to add…
You see when I need to shut down a domain I have up and running I click the little “qube” icon up top and then chose which one I want to shut down and all is well.

“user error”… Sometimes I am not paying attention and "what do you know…I inadvertently shut down the wrong domain “sys-usb”…
Down she goes!!!

NO more keyboard/mouse…

So can you guys add what I would call a “HARD STOP” popup asking if we really want to shut down the said domain?

2 Likes

Yes…I know EXACTLY what you mean! Sometimes the entries shift around as other qubes shut down, too, so I’ve been sucked into that.

My workaround is to set up a cron job that runs every minute; it starts sys-usb (and is set to not “fail” if it’s already up).

That way when I pump that shotgun slug into my foot, I can just wait a minute or less and it comes back up.

qvm-start --skip-if-running sys-usb in your crontab with all of the time fields set to asterisks ( * * * * * ), should work. To do a crontab, just type crontab in dom0 and vi will open with the crontab table–I think there’s a guide to tell you how to add a new one.

EDIT: No there isn’t. You’ll want to google/duckduckgo/whatever “how to add a cron job”

I’ve been burnt by the shuffle, maybe they can add a placeholder entry when qube vms are shutting down.